|Posted:||March 6, 2017|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
Achieve Beyond is a growing national agency focused on serving children with special needs by providing autism services, speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and other related services. We are currently looking to hire Service Coordinators to join our growing team in our New York City office.
The Early Intervention Service Coordinator will manage and oversee the process involved in assisting families enrolled in the Early Intervention Program (age’s birth to 3). The Service Coordinator combines the traditional case management activities of organizing and coordinating needed services with the philosophy of family-centered care. The goal of service coordination is to create opportunities for collaborative, family-centered, community-based services for infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families. The Service Coordinator will help families identify and prioritize concerns, assist parents in developing plans and strategies to meet the needs of their children and family units, and strengthen families' competencies and sense of control over life events, while adhering to the timelines and procedures set forth by NYC and NYS guidelines.
- Oversight and management of an Early Intervention caseload.
- Timely follow-up from the assignment of the case.
- Monitor ongoing services and therapist performance for a number of children including: Special Education, Speech Therapy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Autism Services
- Assisting families in identifying available evaluation providers or service providers.
- Ability to work independently and meet timeliness of all paperwork submission and implementation of NYS and NYC Regulations and Policy.
- Informing families of advocacy services.
- Coordinating with medical and health providers.
- Facilitating the development of a transition plan to the preschool, if appropriate.
- Provides organization and management of all child records.
- Navigates the NYEIS (New York Early Intervention System) independently with minimal supervision, by updating and uploading necessary information and documents for every child. Uses customized database for information and note entry.
- Conducts home visits and reviews in the office or in the field.
- Documents all activity on a daily basis and meet the unit requirement.
- Submit all SC notes in a timely manner to the Billing department, with accuracy of information.
- Attendance to bi-monthly supervision meetings with SC Supervisor for quality assurance.
- Responsible for mentorship and supervision of junior Service Coordinators, for development into Senior Service Coordination positions.
All early intervention service coordinators should meet the following qualifications:
- Prior experience in service coordination.
- A Bachelor's degree in a health or human service field.
- Fluency in written and oral Spanish and English; other languages a plus.
- This position requires for the individual to be on the field.
- Basic computer skills are required as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Self-motivated individual that will require minimal supervision and oversight from SC Supervision.
- Assertive individual able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Compensation: $18 per hour