|Posted:||Sept 1, 2015|
|Location:||Melville, New York
(Nassau & Suffolk County)
|Position Type:||Full Time|
Achieve Beyond is a growing national agency focused on serving children with special needs by providing autism services, speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and other related services. We are currently looking to hire Service Coordinators to join our growing team in our Melville office.
The Service Coordinator will be working under supervision of an SC Supervisor to assist families in the Early Intervention Program (age’s birth to 3). The Service Coordinator works closely with County Officials as well as families to ensure that the children’s needs are met. The Service Coordinator is responsible from the moment the case is assigned up to the closure of the case and adheres timelines and procedures set forth by the County and NYS guidelines.
- Timely follow-up from the assignment of the case
- Monitor ongoing services for a number of children including special education, speech therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and autism services.
- Assisting families in identifying available evaluation providers or service providers
- Insure timeliness of all paperwork submission and implementation of NYS and County Regulations and Policy
- Informing families of advocacy services
- Facilitating the development of a transition plan to the preschool, if necessary
- Provides organization and management of all child records
- Navigates the NYEIS (New York Early Intervention System) by updating and uploading necessary
- information and documents for every child. Uses customized database for information and note entry.
- Conducts home visits and reviews in the office or in the field
- Documents all activity on a daily basis and meets the unit requirements
- Submits all SC notes in a timely manner with accuracy of information
- Attends weekly SC Supervision meetings for training and development
- Attends monthly SC department meetings for training and development
All early intervention service coordinators should meet the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a health or human service field
- Fluency in written and oral Spanish and English
- Two years' experience in service coordination activities as voluntary or part-time experience which can be verified will be accepted
- One year of service coordination experience and an additional year of experience in a service setting with infants and toddlers with developmental delays or disabilities
- One year of service coordination experience and an Associate's degree in a health or human service field
- This position requires for the individual to be on the field
- Basic computer skills are required as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
“Achieve Beyond makes the best efforts to solicit active participation by Certified Minority or Women owned Business Enterprises (Certified M/WBEs) for the purpose of granting subcontracts. We are always interested in receiving resumes from Certified M/WBEs.”
Click Below To Apply