|Posted:||Jan 31, 2017|
|Location:||Melville, New York|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
Achieve Beyond is a growing national agency focused on serving children with special needs by providing autism services, speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and other related services. We are currently looking to hire a Medical Billing Clerk to join our growing team.
The Billing Specialist should be a detailed oriented person, able to perform effectively under pressure and meet monthly deadlines. This person will be responsible for entering and processing claims of services provided into the appropriate database and forward claims information to insurance payers through clearinghouse. Employee will use knowledge of computers, customer service, technology and telecommunication to perform the required tasks.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Education: Associates degree required, Bachelor’s preferred
- Experience: 1 – 3 years of related Medical Billing and coding experience required; Solid understanding of medical claims procedures. Familiarity with mental health billing a plus
- Communication Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technical Skills: Strong data entry skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, such as Excel, Outlook and Word
- Other Skills: Attention to detail and high level of accuracy is required
- Review provider paperwork for quality assurance
- Prepares and submits claims to various insurance companies either electronically or in paper form
- Follow up with providers for corrections
- Process electronic claims through clearinghouse
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Consult with Clinic Director, Revenue Manager and professional staff regarding unresolved issues
- Assist during department audit and ad hoc projects as needed
Benefits Include: Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, 401k with match, long term/short term disability, and others!
Click Below To Apply