|Posted:||May 10, 2016|
|Location:||Melville, New York|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
- Works with the billing and AR department maximize reimbursement from payors.
- Review and resubmit denied claims by calling insurance companies to have claims reprocessed.
- Review, reconcile and follow up on claims which are incorrectly paid.
- Contacts insurance companies with major issues to ensure accuracy of billing for maximum payment.
- Prepare insurance letters of appeals as necessary, attaching medical documentation, referrals, prior authorizations, etc.
- Documents notes in patient’s accounts.
- Identify refunds, provides supporting documentation, completes refund forms and submits to supervisor.
- Able to communicate effectively via phone & in person with carriers, patients, staff and management
- Assist with the annual open enrollment period and the general administration of our benefits.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Three to five years of experience working in health care billing. CPC or CCS highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Insurance rules, regulations and compliance guidelines.
- Ability to interpret CPT/HCPC/ICD-10 books.
- Experience working with all Microsoft Office Programs, Adobe, and electronicbilling softwatre. *Raintree a Plus*
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Medica/dental/vision coverage
- Short-term, long-term disability, life insurance
- 401k with matching contribution
- and more!
Click Below To Apply