|Posted:||March 27, 2017|
|Location:||New York City|
Achieve Beyond provides pediatric therapy and educational services to children, students and families throughout the United States including the New York metropolitan area, the greater Los Angeles, California area, the Virginia/Maryland/DC area and the greater Dallas, Texas area. We offer coordination in initial evaluations as well as follow-up sessions and we provide services in the predominant language of the patient in both home and community settings.
Positions available in New York City
The Special Education ABA Instructor is responsible for:
- Providing ABA special instruction to children aged 0-3 in the Early Intervention program.
- Conducting one-on-one sessions with children to improve their development of cognition, behavioral, communication, self-help and social emotional skills
- Creating a program book and instructional materials to support and measure child’s progress, and implement achievable functional goals
- Developing and implementing individualized services plans for assigned cases to meet the child’s specific needs, interests and abilities
- Collaborating with parents and the interdisciplinary team members such as speech therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, social workers, etc., to develop and or modify program activities in order to maximize the child’s functional skills
- Training parents in carry over activities and techniques to promote the child’s functional and behavioral development throughout the week and in between sessions
- Preparing daily session notes, quarterly progress reports, and or justification letters, and document the child’s progress toward meeting established objectives and according to Early Intervention rules and regulations
- Participating in interdisciplinary team conferences, parent conferences, case conferences, as mandated by the NYC Early Intervention program.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Education: Master’s Degree in Special Education
Certification: Students with Disabilities Birth – 2 Initial or Professional certification OR Permanent Special Education certificate OR Permanent TSHH certificate OR TSLD Initial or Professional certification OR NYS certified School Psychologist.
Experience: Early Intervention and/or homebased experience preferred, but not required.
Communication Skills: Bilingual English/Spanish, strongly preferred.
Technical Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, and as part of a team.
Other Requirements:Successful completion of ABA Training. Training is available at Achieve Beyond.
Click Below To Apply